Dr. Alexis Carrell, a famous French physiologist, won a Nobel Prize for this astonishing experiment. He took cells from the heart of a dead chicken and put them in a solution containing minerals and nutrients.
He kept these cells alive for 28 years because he changed the solution the cells were in every day. This allowed the cells to dispose of their wastes and remain amazingly healthy and alive. The day he stopped changing the solution the cells died because their wastes were not being disposed of anymore.
As you get older, natural acid salts build up in the walls of your cells, causing them to stiffen. Because they get thicker, they begin to lose the ability to get vital nutrients and oxygen into your cells. These nutrients are critical because they help wash away toxins and wastes your cells produce. Your cell functions begin to steadily decline and you age.
With almost 100% certainty you have acid overload right now. How? Because it’s caused by the modern American diet, which is packed with acid-forming foods. If you eat beef, pork, fish, turkey, chicken, pasta, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, cheese, bread, butter, cookies, crackers, eggs, rice and cereals – to name just a few – they’re creating acid in your system right now.
Unfortunately, we skip or avoid alkaline-forming foods, which are primarily fruits and vegetables. And even if you don’t skip them, alone they may not be enough to offset the accumulated acid in your body right now. This is not stomach acid, but acid that goes into your fluids and tissues that make up over 70% of your body.
An acid pH sets us up for a number of degenerative diseases, including cancer, osteoporosis, obesity, premature aging, cardiovascular disease and much more. These dangers include corroded arteries, veins and tissues, weight gain, diabetes and cholesterol plaque. Remember, no illness can be cured without flushing excess acid waste from your body.
And it’s not only your diet that creates a dangerous level of acid overload. Scientists are now saying that it’s also our high stress lifestyle, which includes poor sleep habits, acid foods and polluted air. This means that you absorb acidic toxins much faster than you can flush them out through your colon, lungs, kidneys and skin by sweating.
Unless you get rid of acid overload, you’re setting the stage for a true health disaster. Let me be more specific.
- Your Digestion Won’t Work: Cholesterol stones that become lodged in your liver and gallbladder prevent the free flow of bile that promotes good digestion.
- Heart Disease Gets a Grip on You: Fatty acid absolutely floods into your blood, setting the stage for heart disease and a potential stroke.
- Toxins Can’t be Flushed Out: Your body naturally eliminates toxins through your kidneys by putting them in your urine. This valuable process comes to a screeching halt and the toxins remain in you, eating away.
- You Speed Your Aging: Remember, aging is the accumulation of acid waste. It’s the #1 cause of getting older, faster. An infant is highly alkaline and an older person is highly acidic. Why look older than you are!
Key Elements of Alkalinity
• Phosphorus is in every cell in your soft tissues. It helps your body grow and repair itself.
• Chromium improves your carbohydrate metabolism and helps balance your serum cholesterol level.
• Magnesium is found in all body tissues. It’s a key part of your enzyme system.
• Iodine is essential to the health of your thyroid gland and regulates your metabolic rate.
• Cobalt is a stimulant for making red blood cells. You need it for normal growth and appetite.
• Iron helps get oxygen to your cells and helps them use it when it arrives.
• Chlorine is very important in the digestion of your food and for regulating your acid/alkaline balance.
• Selenium helps boost the immune system.
• Copper is needed for absorption of iron. It also helps your enzyme functions greatly.
• Boron is important in properly metabolizing calcium and magnesium – necessary for membrane functions.
• Calcium – builds and maintains bones and teeth, in addition to regulating normal nerve behavior, muscle tone, irritability and blood clotting.
The Stages of Acid Build-up Illness
1. First you get these symptoms…
• Muscular pain
• Exhausted in the morning
• Cold hands & feet
• Low energy
• Food allergies
• Lack of sex drive
• Excess mucous (stuffiness)
• Being agitated
• Sensitivity to odors
• Pre-menstrual and menstrual cramping
• Pre-menstrual anxiety and depression
• Strong smelling urine
• Rapid panting breathing
• Irregular heartbeat
• White coated tongue
• Metallic taste in mouth
• Hot urine
• Panic attacks
2. This is what can happen to you next …
• Loss of memory
• Loss of concentration
• Migraine headaches
• Numbness and tingling
• Hay fever
• Viral infections (colds and flu)
• Bacterial infections (staph and strep)
• Fungal infections
• Athlete’s foot
• Cold sores
• Herpes I & II
• Excessive hair loss
3. The advanced symptoms of acid overload…
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Other forms of cancer
• Multiple sclerosis
• Crohn’s disease
• Learning disabilities
• Hodgkin’s disease
• Myasthenia gravis
• Systemic lupus
• 35% of the food in the U.S. has detectable pesticide residues. Imagine, 35%!
• 95% of the toxins in you right now come from the food you eat.
• Every year each of us eat an average of 50 pounds of additives.
• Lead levels are almost 1,000 times higher in our bodies than they were 300 years ago.
Strategies for An Alkaline/Healthy Body
1. Buy some pH strips at your pharmacy and test your acid levels in the morning before you eat or drink anything.
2. Reduce acid forming food especially red meat, sweets and alcohol.
3. Increase alkaline foods, especially vegetables of all colors.
4. Take a quality mineral supplement such as Buffer pH made by Växa International.
© Charles K. Bens, Ph. D.